1. One new filler stitch must be created every day - I'm not allowing myself to cheap out by using the already popular filler stitches so Stippling, McTavishing, Pebbling, and Paisley are off limits!
2. These designs must all be fillers - Filler designs are meant to be dense and compact so the space between the quilting lines cannot exceed 3/8".
3. The designs must be free motion and continuous line - Each design must be able to be created without breaking thread and only with a free motion quilting (no walking feet or feed dogs allowed!)
4. No Marking! - Free motion quilting designs are simplistic enough that they should be able to be created with no marking or guidelines of any kind.
That's it for the official rules, but here are some other fun bits I going to try to include whenever possible:
- Inspiration for design - Photos, architecture, and weird objects when not protected by copyright.
- Difficulty level - Scale from 1 to 10 by how likely you will be to kill yourself after stitching a 4 inch square.
- Directional texture - Does this move in one direction like flames or all directions like air?
- Suggestions for Use - Would this design look better on a batik fabric or print?
- Video on how to Quilt the Design - I'm not promising these will be up immediately, but wouldn't it be cool if all 365 had videos???