The Free Motion Quilting Project: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Of course, we're going to have to take a brief break from our quilting rooms and sewing machines in order to cook massive amounts of food, but that doesn't mean we don't get a new quilting design today!

Here's Turkey Drumsticks!

Ha! I guess I'm mixing Thanksgiving with April Fools Day! No, this is not a real design and no, you're not getting a video of it!

But instead, you can enjoy a video of my most favorite holiday movie: The Family Stone.


Why do I like this movie so much?

Possibly because reminds me greatly of my own family. We're a strange bunch of slightly dysfunctional, overly honest, quick to temper people that can easily ignite a seemingly innocent occasion into all-out family warfare.

But regardless of our differences (and similarities), family is what it is. You can't pick em' and you can't change em' so you might as well enjoy em'!

I love this time of year because I love to cook, but with only half a kitchen, Josh and I are really taking it easy today. We're just doing a small turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to say Thank you for reading! Thank you for checking out this blog, commenting, and supporting the project with your time and attention.

I'm off to start on the gravy and I hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving today has a wonderfully safe, happy holiday!

Let's go Eat!

Leah Day

7 comments:

  1. Love the turkey leg quilting, Leah! It would be perfect on Thanksgiving placemats! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie, too - it's got everything.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Leah! Enjoy your meal and the holiday weekend and thank you for sharing all your quilting ideas - including the turkey legs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lea- happy Thanksgiving. it's our turn to thank you for all the wonderful design you add to your blog. enjoy the holiday
    from Josepha, from Sunny Israel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah,
    Thank you for showing us new ways to fill in spaces on our quilts. And the drumsticks would look good on placemats any time of the year!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  6. The turkey legs are fabulous! There were only three of us, so we had chicken...Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holiday to you too. Lovely legs! Karmen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails