The Free Motion Quilting Project: Practice Free Motion Quilting

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Practice Free Motion Quilting

Yesterday afternoon in the 15 minutes of peace and quiet I was granted after my handy man left and my snotty nosed child finally took a nap, I managed to get this short video shot on practicing the free motion fillers in this blog.

To say it's a little late is a bit of a stretch! I've been meaning to shoot this since I started the project way back in August. Oh well, better late than never!

This video details what I'm doing with the 4" practice squares and how you can easily follow along with the blog to create a notebook of filler samples as well.

You also get to check out my new quilting area set up specifically for quilting on camera. I'm hoping the lighting and visibility will be much better now that I'm not in the basement. Check it out:


Here are some links to the things I mention in the videos:
Start following along with the blog! If you're a beginner, click on the beginner list on the sidebar to view just the beginner designs.

Work through the 36 designs already available for beginners and then move on to the Beginner/Intermediate designs.

There will be more videos for beginners coming soon!

Let's go Quilt!

Leah Day

1 comment:

  1. Your tutorial about hiding threads was SO helpful. I ordered a pin place and cheater needles and they're AWESOME. So awesome that I've actually started hiding threads in all sorts of sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails