The Free Motion Quilting Project: Out with the Old, In with the New!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New!

This is the last non-quilty post I'll do for awhile, I swear! I'm really aching for some new filler designs too, but I wanted to share a few things first:

It's the second day of the new year and I'm already making good on my first goal: finish the Winter Wonderland quilt.

Last night I stayed up till 2 am connecting the blocks and binding the quilt. It feels so wonderful to have it finished and ready to hang in the dining room once the remodel is over.

I'll post a final photo later once all the hand binding is finished!

Speaking of the kitchen remodel, the hardware store was running a sale, so Josh and I decided to splurge on these heavy duty organizers:

See the double trash can? I'm finally making a concerted effort to recycle! I've always recycled cardboard, but bottles and cans have been hard to keep organized and not messy everywhere.

Now with the 2 trash cans, I will be a recycling queen!

free motion quilting | Leah DayAlso, with Winter Wonderland done, I finally feel free to work on some simple, beginner quilts to get my brain programed for the beginner dvd I'll be starting soon.

I've really had the itch to just work on simple, fun projects that I can easily finish in a day. Something about the instant gratification from finishing a project really feels great.

I've picked up some more fabric from fat quarter shop.com. They were running a sale, and while some might think this selection is ugly, I think they'll make great yoga pants.

free motion quilting | Leah DaySo I'm off to go watch some old episodes of Torchwood, our new favorite show to watch on Netflix and hand stitch my binding down.

If I can finish it tonight, I can start basting one of my simple, cheerful quilts by tomorrow morning!

Let's go quilt!

Leah Day

4 comments:

  1. I love the way your kitchen looks with your new organizers!! And good for you on the new double trash cans!! And I don't mind the non-quilty posts!! Proves you have a life outside of the machine!!!

    And I am having a great 'day two' of the new year!! I am cutting up scraps for a Christmas quilt... and with your help, I just might quit it myself....... I am looking forward to seeing what you are up to this year, and biting my lip as I try out some of the things I've seen on older posts.......
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!!

    Here is to a very creative year!! GO 2010!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Torchwood! I'm going back through them from the beginning, though, so I can get the flow of things. Are you also a Dr. Who fan? We love all the little intermixing of Dr. Who and Torchwood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishing.
    yum! That large swirl is gorgeous. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm envious of your bins. It would be so nice to start over on the storage around here. I hope you enjoy Torchwood. We love it around here. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails