The Free Motion Quilting Project: Quilt Lecture Part 2

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quilt Lecture Part 2

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you're all enjoying a beautiful day in the sun!

Here's the second part of my recent Library Lecture. For Part 1 click here. For Part 3 click here.

Two of the quilts featured in this video have been made into patterns!

Click Here to check out the Rainbow Quilt Pattern

Click Here to check out the Food Quilt Pattern

I'm off to get back into my quilting room. I've been experimenting with a new technique mixing trapunto with paint. Sounds weird, right? Just wait until you see the results!

Let's go Quilt!

Leah Day


  1. Hi Leah, I have been following your blog and I love it, You are so clever coming up with all these designs. I have a question though. I need to pattern to look like rising steam in a landscape mini quilt I am doing. How would you do something like that? What kind of design pattern could you recommend? Thanks for your help.

  2. Hi Suzanne,

    Hmm...when I think of rising steam, I think of long, wavy lines with swirls on the ends. Kinda cartoony...

    I checked through and found Trailing Spirals fits that sort of. You can view it at:

    I'll think about steam for a few days and see what else I come up with!

    Let's Go Quilt,

    Leah Day

  3. I have really enjoyed watching your free motion quilting videos! You do an amazing job! Thank you for sharing. I am new at this, but have been practicing. I have quilted two quilts with free motion quilting and really love it!

  4. Hi Leah, Thank you for all the work you put into your blog, I am so enjoying everything you do.
    Question, in the video I just watched you mention the type of quilting you put in the boarder of the food quilt, what was the name and have you shown us that one yet? Also in a different video, you mention a filler for The Duchess that I thought you called McTavish, have you shown us that one yet I really like the way it looks?
    Thanks, Marie


Related Posts with Thumbnails