The Free Motion Quilting Project: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a cool coincidence - today is Thanksgiving AND my 450th post!

It's hard to believe that I've written on this blog almost-daily for more than a year and posted 231 designs so far. I really couldn't believe it myself until I spread all of the designs over two big tables yesterday.

Here's what 230 designs look like!

free motion quilting | Leah DayI hope you all have a very tasty, safe, and happy Thanksgiving afternoon. I'm thankful for so much this year: my loving family, a new-found strength and peace of mind, our growing business, and most definitely sharing this project with all of you.

So here's to another 135 designs left to go!

By the way, Josh and I have added a few items to our Quilt Shop, which you can check out when you have a few free moments.

Let's go quilt (or eat!)



  1. Congrats! And happy thanksgiving. Are you going to put all those blocks together in a quilt as you go technique? I think that would look really nice.

  2. wonderfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulll :-D

  3. Leah, do you see how beautiful that is! WOW!

  4. Those would make a spectacular, award-winning quilt, ya know! Put it up for auction on eBay, and all of your groupies (me included!) would bid on it!!

  5. Wow, it is really fun to see the detail of the picture you posted. So many beautiful designs! I am amazed at your talent and your skill. Have been following your blog for some time now and tried several of your patterns. You do a fantastic job on your videos too. I am thankful for the contribution you have made all those who machine quilt - you have been an inspiration!

  6. I agree with Sheila and Katrina-- these blocks (and the future ones) would make a great quilt-- and if it went on eBay, I'd want to bid.

  7. I agree with the others. The demo blocks would make great quilts. With all the blocks you have, you could make more than one. Auctioning on eBay is a fantastic idea. Especially if more than one- there would be more than one lucky bidder. If you use 36 blocks for each quilt, they would be 6x6 blocks: a perfect size for a wall quilt and 10 quilts total with 5 blocks left over. Also could give one as a quilt guild raffle quilt (that is a tongue twister) with the proceeds going to a charity of your choice, or the guilds choice. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and time to spend on your own quilt projects. Thank you for all you have given to fellow quilters.

  8. Congratulations on 450th post! That is mind blogging (ahem! mind boggling). Your blocks from 365 days are wonderful! Best wishes.


Related Posts with Thumbnails