The Free Motion Quilting Project: One of THOSE Days

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One of THOSE Days

We all have them and there's no way to get around it.

Some days just suck. Nothing works, everything you try to do blows up in your face, every stitch you try to stitch needs to be seam ripped, etc, etc, etc.

I'm having one of those days. It doesn't help that Josh is having one of those days at the same time, and when you work 10 feet from your husband, negative vibes can turn into a maelstrom of crazy stress.

So what exactly is Leah working on this Wednesday?

I'm taking the day off to catch up on all the little things that require minimum brain power or fine tuned detail like laundry, cleaning out my bathroom closet, and hanging a new curtain rod.

After all, on a day like today, if I did try to actually accomplish something it would probably end up looking like that large black cloud above my head!

Here's to a day off,



  1. I'm thinking you both need some TOGETHER time.. a nice quiet romantic dinner.. Candles, something that you don't have to cook yourselves. (even if it is just a pizza you order). Relax watch a movie.. let the brain cells regenerate.. LOL.

  2. Days off=good stuff. Let the rejuvenation begin! Sorry you had a sucky day. I think a good bubble bath with some candles is in order. Don't you?

  3. Aww...hope your day got better!

  4. Today was one of those days for sure, but it didn't help I had only 4 hours sleep because this day started that way at 11pm last night. I managed to leave work early with 500 other things in between, and went home and straight to bed for a 2 hour nap! Boy it feels like a different day now, thank god because I got some sewing to do. Hang in there, it doesn't last too long. And your not alone either.

  5. Leah, when you feel like it, could you blog a bit about your new Horizon? What you like about it and - especially - what you don't like about it. I'm thinking about buying one but I'm not totally committed to it yet. I always enjoy reading your blog and I was especially interested in your deliberations leading up to your Horizon purchase. Thanks!

  6. I know what you mean about it not being good when both of you are having bad days! My hubby and I work together as well and one of us has to be the one that talks the other off of the ledge. It makes for a very long day if we are both grouchy. Hope today is much better and that you enjoy your time off. I love coming to your blog everyday and seeing what you are up to, but everyone needs time off and I hope that you don't feel pressured to post every single day. If anyone deserves a little "me time", it's you!=)

  7. perhaps knowing that your tutorials have been the impetus to me finishing, w/o breaking a single needle, my 1st FMQ quilt will make your day better. Thank you so much.


Related Posts with Thumbnails