The Free Motion Quilting Project: Super Day

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Day

It's a bird...No! It's a plane...No! It's Super Leah!

Ha ha! James has gotten on a Superman kick and regularly runs into the office yelling on the top of his voice "SUPER JAMES! Da Ta Da DA!" complete with air punch and blast off simulation. It's always hilarious and never gets old.

I'm feeling rather super human today knocking out item after item on my enormous to-do list. Josh just now told me that today is the Superbowl as well (I'm totally clueless on stuff like that) so today really is a Super Day!

So why is my to-do list a mile long? I've apparently gotten in a bit over my head with projects and today I'm determined to dig myself out on top.

First off is the Australian Shadows Quilt which I finished quilting this morning, will bind this afternoon, and hope to have on the wall ready for a photo shoot by Wednesday.

free motion quilting | Leah DayYes, I'm definitely planning to make this quilt into a pattern! I've gotten several comments and emails asking about it and I hope to have it done by the end of February.

I'm really hoping to get this little guy basted today:

free motion quilting | Leah DayI know this doesn't look like much right now, but after I get it quilted with some big flower designs it's going to be awesome! It shouldn't take too much time to quilt because it's nice and small.

What's really overwhelming me is this huge Valentine's Day quilt sitting on my tables half basted.

free motion quilting | Leah DayThis was one of my "great" ideas in the middle of the night. Why not make another new quilt and quilt it with really awesome heart designs because I'm obsessed with hearts lately?

While I love this quilt, it's not happening at a very good time, so I think this beauty is going to be basted, then folded up and put away for a little while. It's just one quilt top too many right now and while I absolutely love it, I'm actually not super human

And with that quilt off the tables, I'll be able to baste the first layer of thick batting to the back of Hot Cast. I finished up the hand applique last week and she's been hanging on the wall ever since just waiting for the next step.

free motion quilting | Leah DayAnd when I'm not basting, quilting, or binding something today, I'm washing clothes and fabric, cleaning up the studio, and trying to put everything back in order. I don't know how it gets so crazy so fast!

Okay, off to baste that red quilt and get it off my tables. I can't cut binding with it there and it's really messing with my chi.

Let's go quilt,

Leah

5 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome projects! Can't wait to see the finished pieces... You have really inspired me to actually try FMQ, and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be watching for word on your pattern, Leah! I really and truly love the simplicity of it and it screams "dare yah to mkae me"!! So I will be waiting :) Happy finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Leah - you are almost Superwoman look at all you've accomplished! Definately a SUPER mom and an extraordinarily super person. I look forward to buying the pattern for the Australian Shadow quilt when you have it ready as I have been admiring your posts documenting its progress. Hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to have a pattern for the Australia quilt. I have some New Zealand fabrics and it would be a great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I. too, am looking forward to your Australian Shadow quilt pattern and I am looking forward to your quilt contest. You are right, I know what I am going to make but having to choose (just - I know we can use more) five of your designs is tough:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails