The Free Motion Quilting Project: Enter the 9 by 12 Transformation Challenge!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Enter the 9 by 12 Transformation Challenge!

It's finally here! You can now enter the 9 by 12 Transformation Challenge! Click here get started registering your quilt.

I've spent a long time working on the registration process so it's as easy and uncomplicated as possible. Here's how it will work:

1. Pay the $10.00 entry fee to get started.

2. Once we receive your payment, Josh will send you an email within 24 hours with the link to the online registration form. Fill this out and submit it securely online.

3. After I get your completed registration form, I'll send you an email with an invitation to join the Transformation Contest Flickr Group so you can upload and share your photos online.

Make sure to have your name and the title of your quilt in the description of your quilt photos before you add them to the Flickr group.

Don't have a Flickr account? Click here to set one up right now!

I'm super excited to see what everyone has come up with in the last few months, and how ya'll are using the filler designs from the project.

A funny coincidence is I was just given the book Twelve by Twelve: The International Art Quilt Challenge to borrow from a friend. This is a book based on 12" quilts created by 12 art quilters from around the world.

free motion quilting | Leah DayReading through this book and absorbing the fascinating photos and interpretation of many themes just makes me want to hop back into my studio and make another Transformation piece.

I keep thinking of new ways to explore this theme: the transformation of fabrics, color, shape, texture, stitch length, design. The possibilities really are limitless!

I'm heading back in my studio to play. I hope you are too!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails