It's been a super busy week of many projects, experiments, and fun ideas! Opening up my mind on Experiment Sunday has basically blown the door of possibilities off its hinges, and I don't think I'll ever close it again.
So let's recap on everything going on this week:
First off, the Textured Applique and Trapplique Experiment is posted right here. I'm still wanting to play with this technique some more, possibility mixing regular applique with textured applique to create the hair on my next goddess quilt.
We've also learned two new designs this week: Sea Weed Flower, which is a variation of Lollipop Flower and Granddaddy Longlegs, which would look great with some of our spider web designs like Web Fill and Cobwebs in the Corners.
Next I shared a bit about the Freshly Pieced Supernova Quilt Along I've been falling horribly behind on this week.
I did manage to piece one block, but after looking at my color arrangement I decided to reverse my blocks so they looked more like the flower shape I was going for:
I also received some cheerful Pin Toppers from Jessica of Sew Crafty Jess.
But of course, I needed to first make myself a pin cushion worthy of these beautiful pins. I ended up experimenting with more quilted material and I'm extremely pleased with the result.
I'm planning to post a short tutorial on making this quilted pin cushion on Saturday, so don't miss it!
Whew! That's enough for this week! I'm going to wait to post an update about Hot Cast (yes, the quilting is done!) until tomorrow. It's been a long process, but there's finally light at the end of the tunnel!
Let's go quilt!