The Free Motion Quilting Project: The Project has Changed!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Project has Changed!

Alright! I'm pretty much done fiddling with the project and switching everything over to the new template. I know it's hard to deal with change, especially when the project has looked the same way for so long, but this new system really will work much better.

Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the new layout by clicking all the different buttons across the top.

The first button - START HERE! - has LOADS of information about this project, why I started it, and what I'm showing you in each video.

I've created three new videos just for this area, so definitely take some time to watch them all. The last two videos come straight out of my workshops and teach you exactly how to get started and explains how to start using the designs.

I'm still working a bit on the About Leah page. More photos will be eventually be added as well as more information. Any questions you have, feel free to add them to the comments of this post and I'll add them to this page.

I've had a free newsletter for a long time, but now it's much better explained and you get 2 free patterns when you join.

The quilt shop button lists our top products as well as a handy link straight to the quilt shop.

Find a Design is a list of the different ways to sort the designs, exactly the way it was listed across the top before. I will be adding more organization soon so you can easily find designs by shape as well.

Recent Posts is a new area where I list the articles and designs mentioned in the most recent newsletter. Many subscribers have had trouble finding past posts, especially when we move into a new month so this should help list all the posts in one place so you can find them easier.

The Contact page is pretty self explanatory, but you might not have known that I really do read every email I'm sent. I might not respond to every single email, but I definitely try to answer if you're asking a question.

This is still a work in progress, and yes, it may take some time to get used to, but if you just click around and watch the new videos, I think you'll like it!

Let's go quilt,

Leah

14 comments:

  1. I think the new website design looks wonderful. I love the stitches down the sides, and you see so many more of them in this design. It has a nice crisp fresh look. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look, your FMQ Project, and your talent!
    I have said it before and I will keep saying it as I direct friends to your site: You changed my quilting life!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the new site. It should be much easier to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great! i love how it showcases all your beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leah!!! I haven't posted before but I have been reading all the posts for a while now. You really are inspirational.
    Thanks and Congrats on the great new site! -amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The changes you and Josh have made are great. It is so much easier to find everything.

    I have been following your blog from alsmost the start, and it is amazing how much I have forgotten - or gotten into bad habbits. I watched several of the early videos and a number of times thought 'oh yeh, that's right - thats a much better way to do it!

    I recommend watching those early videos again - its like eating your veggies - its good for you!

    Thaks for sharing all your hard work Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! This is a wonderful update for your blog. I think it will make it so much more accessible and less intimidating for the quilter who's new to FMQ. Keep up the fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks Fabulous!!!I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new background, it is perfect for your blog. Will explore the other parts of the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails