The Free Motion Quilting Project: Awesome Article

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Awesome Article

Have you heard of Generation Q Magazine yet? Basically the editors of Quilter's Home, plus the awesome humorist, Megan (the Bitchy Stitcher) have teamed up to create a great online magazine right here.

BWS tips button

I've always kept an eye on what Megan is doing since reading her first funny article in Quilter's Home more than 2 years ago and literally busting a gut with laughter. Somehow she manages to make quilting not only funny, but also occasionally raunchy, which is kinda wrong and right all at the same time.

Anyway, it was around this time last year Megan asked to write an article about me and this project and we swapped many emailed interviews until she had enough material. When I read the finished article, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to see it published.

But now as you might know, Quilter's Home Magazine is no more, but instead we have Generation Q Magazine online and this article has finally been published right here online.

What I love is this article perfectly explains why I started this project and why I'm still at it, 2 years later. I love quilting and I love to share it! It really is as simple as that.

Let's go quilt,



  1. What a nice article! You really are an inspiration to those of us who are new at it (I still don't have the skill to make most of your designs, so I keep adapting them to what I can do...guess that means I'm designing my own!)

    And thanks for linking the magazine- what a fun new resource.

  2. Congratulations Leah on such a wonderful article written about you. You deserve it! On a personal note, I'm now machine quilting my own quilts because of you ... thank you! It was important to me that "the whole quilt" be made by me for several family members ... but I couldn't machine quilt worth beans ... and now I'm going to town because of you, your tips, your designs and tools. Thank you Leah! ~ Char

  3. Congrats, Leah, on a well-deserved article :)))

  4. I think you should know that although the article says that you are not yet a 'Q-celeb' like Eleanor Burns and Fons and Porter etc, you have taught and inspired me more than all the celebs and books put together! Thank you Leah, for persevering and sharing.

    Nella, Nethelands

  5. What a nice article about you, Leah! The attention you're receiving for the work you do, is very deserved. Congratulations on the article, and continued success with your business ventures.

  6. Awesome article, congratulations! What an inspiring start to my day!! Thank you for sharing this.

  7. Hi Leah. I just read Megan's article and it was really great. She did a good job, I thought, of describing just what you are doing, where you have been, and where you are going. You will some day be a "Fons & Porter," I'm sure!


Related Posts with Thumbnails