The Free Motion Quilting Project: Day 338 - Fiddlehead Fern

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 338 - Fiddlehead Fern

It's getting cooler these days so if you go for a walk in the woods, you might just find a real life example of a Fiddlehead Fern all curled up like this spiral design:

free motion quilting | Leah DayWarning: For some reason being on vacation is messing with my ability to write about quilting! Maybe my brain has finally reached the point of overload where it is forced to take over and go into vacation mode where all I can think about is driving to the beach, or the movies, or a kid fun house, and anything more taxing is refused at the door!

It feels so nice to just sit and chill out. I didn't manage to get a handwork project together so I'm not even stitching anything! This is nice because that always turns into a grind to finish, finish, finish the project before the vacation is over.

So for today only, all I'm going to post is the video of this design. I promise I'll go back and fill in the usual info later when I'm home and out of vacation mode!


Difficulty Level - Intermediate.

Design Family - Stem Centered

Directional Texture - All Directions.

Back to the fun!

Leah Day

6 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! i love the white on red, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Thank you so much for your lovely and interesting blog! It's nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! now I know what I'm doing on the border of the quilt I'm quilting! Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. I love your designs and am very thankful for all these ideas. I too have been frustrated with the lack of design for free motion quilting. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails