Saturday, February 9, 2013

You Know You're a Crazy Crafter When...

You know you're completely crazy for your craft when you...

Manage to find materials, even when you told yourself you weren't going to start a new project on trip, end up spinning 5 ounces of wool in your hotel room, and finishing the skein in your bathtub:
Take a shuttle to an awesome yarn store, happen across a bead store, and an art store, then walk 15 blocks in freezing cold weather to get to ANOTHER super awesome fabric and yarn store (because 1 is never enough):

In the end, I have blisters on all my toes, my legs hurt, I'm tired, but blissfully happy watching the snow fall as I knit and spin up a storm:

Here's to the insanity of crafting!

Leah Day

12 comments:

  1. You are so right, can't help ourselves. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like you had a wonderfully "crazy" day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tub yarn is beautiful. Love the color.
    Clever weight for the yarn in the tub. Enjoy the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you spin on your trip? Wow - that is one mighty crafty day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeap, deafinitely signs of a cracy crafter. Wonder what the hotel maid thought?

    But, when the creative bug strikes, you need to follow it...and I look forward to seeing what you create with this. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, so true. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah, I do most of my crochet projects when my husband and I go on a trip, sadly I sometimes have UFOs and it requires me to find another long driving trip for us so I can finish my project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's officially noted: you're an addict!
    LOL, I love your trip, goïng from one store to the next, although you have to walk 15 blocks in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The desire to create is a powerful force

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails