It's Wednesday and this is what's on my table today:
I've been dedicating all my morning time to quilting as much as I can fill on Duchess Reigns. She's finally coming along and I do feel good about the progress I've made in two days.
All summer I've been pretty stuck with this quilt because one project after another got pushed in front and I felt like I'd never have the time to work on this quilt.
This week I decided to set aside just 2 hours a day - from 8 am to 10 am to quilting only on this quilt and initially I though this would be way too little time to see any progress. I'm happy to say I was wrong and I knocked out 3 ray sections this morning:
Yesterday I also started a board on Pinterest to organize all the photos from this quilt in one place. I had to do some searching to go back and find the very first blog posts from last year. I'm still in the process of digging up the newer posts and listing them all in this page on Duchess Reigns in the new quilt gallery.
Getting everything linked and photos posted really makes me feel productive and organized. While it's just links and photos, it's still tying together all the loose ends of this quilt story and it's nice to go back and be able to read everything I've written about this quilt from the very beginning.
Later today I'm hoping to finish up this painting job:
I ended up changing the hair color to metallic gold and burnt orange and decided on bronze for the letter color. Jacquard Lumiere textile paints are really easy to use and can be easily painted over if you end up not liking the original color.
With this background quilt finished, my tables will be open and I'm looking forward to cutting out a new button down shirt. If you remember this picture:
That was my first try at an adjusted Simplicity pattern. I learned how to make the changes in the Craftsy class Sew the Perfect Fit which is a great resource for altering a pattern to fit yourself properly, even if it requires drastic changes to the original.
I was pretty happy with this first try in cheap brown fabric, though the fit in the front still needs a bit more adjustment, so I'm planning to cut out a new version in blue and green.
I know I probably shouldn't be cutting out a new garment when I'm neck deep in other projects, but this shirt only takes about 2 days to sew and it's fun to make something that I don't have to quilt the snot out of in order to call it finished!
So that's what I'm up to today! I'm off to grab a bite to eat and then hit the paints this afternoon!
Let's go quilt,