The Free Motion Quilting Project: FMQ Friday Link Up

Friday, December 6, 2013

FMQ Friday Link Up

It's Friday and time to link up what we've quilted this week! I admit I've spent far more time on the computer this week than in the sewing room, but the upside to that is the Building Blocks quilt pattern is finished! I'll be handing this off to Josh to edit and double check my numbers, but this will hopefully be going live next week!

free motion quilting | Leah Day

Now that that major project is off my shoulders, it's time to start shooting videos and quilting like crazy to prepare for the new year. This is always a tough time of the year because James is in and out of school, there's lots of holiday programs to attend, and I can't seem to go a week without sounding croaky or stuffy from some cold.

Somehow this always works out though and I know we're going to kick off to a great start in January. When I did manage to tug myself off the computer, I found Josh quilting this week's design Daisy Echo. It really is a fun design and perfect for a spring / flower themed quilt.

free motion quilting | Leah Day 

So that's what I've been busy with this week. How about you?

Simple rules for the FMQ Friday link up:

1. Link up with a post that features something about Free Motion Quilting (FMQ).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here, or you can just post the FMQF button in your sidebar.
3. Comment on at least a few of the other FMQF links. Share your love of free motion quilting and make this weekly link up a fun way to connect.

Let's go quilt!



  1. Just gotta say thanks Leah! I'm about 1/2 way through your Craftsy class FMQ a Sampler and I already feel like a budding rock star! I'm still learning but Oh Boy! Is it fun!!

  2. I found your blog two days ago and in a second decided: I MUST try FMQ. Now!
    Friday I started, today finished. It is only sample, and purpose is to pracitice FMQ. But I am proud of it! All Quilting Masters are allowed to laugh very laud at me :)

  3. I am thinking of starting a blog...just so I can share what I'm doing and maybe get some nice tips and tricks from the Vets! I check in through out the day to see who has linked in. I love seeing all the work that everyone is doing.

  4. I did it! I started a blog! Thanks to Pin Pricked Fingers for the inspiration for the title! Quilts in Que is now a blog. You are all welcome to join me on my path to becoming a better quilter in general, and at least average in FMQ! (HEY! it's a goal!) But I know Leah will keep me in check...and with her generous spirit...I will always have the teacher and resources I need to become better. I have to also say thanks to Josh...who is going through the same things I am...and giving me good advice every Tuesday.

  5. This is such a beautiful and vibrant pattern. My favorite is the house block with the rays shining!


Related Posts with Thumbnails