The Free Motion Quilting Project: FMQ Friday

Friday, December 13, 2013

FMQ Friday

Wow! Thank you all so much for your outstanding response to the new Building Blocks Quilt Pattern! I'm so excited that YOU are excited about piecing and free motion quilting this project together in 2014.

Now to check in with what I've been free motion quilting:

free motion quilting | Leah Day

Mostly I've been quilting blocks and shooting videos for the Building Blocks Quilt Along next year. I'm having loads of fun with these because they're so small and easy to manage.

However, my mind is already ticking away at another quilt along possibility for next year - maybe with a king sized quilt? It sure would be fun to quilt a king together and finally prove that it can be done on a home sewing machine.

Also in progress is a cute table runner featuring many Christmasy quilting designs:

free motion quilting | Leah Day

But wait...I didn't quilt those! My Janome 15000 did! These are just a few of the designs included in the Expressions of Texture Embroidery CD, which I finally managed to get my hands on last week. We'll soon be carrying this CD in the quilt shop, so hold tight and you'll be able to make one too!

I do have to say, it's so weird to see designs like Prickly Holly stitch out on the machine, identically each time. Still, I love being able to work on two quilts at once, and I really love the ability to design such intricate, beautiful motifs.

So that is what I've been busy with this week! What have you been free motion quilting?

Simple rules for the FMQ Friday link up:

1. Link up with a post that features something about Free Motion Quilting (FMQ).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here, or you can just post the FMQF button in your sidebar.
3. Comment on at least a few of the other FMQF links. Share your love of free motion quilting and make this weekly link up a fun way to connect.

Let's go quilt,

Leah Day


  1. It's too neat to see your machine embroider your designs! I would totally have thought you did those with FMQing if you hadn't mentioned it! They really got your style exactly. :)

  2. The new blocks and the Christmas runner are just beautiful. Also, I would love to see a king-sized bed quilt project on a regular sewing machine. Thank you for all you do and share. Happy holidays!

  3. So fun to see the glimpses of Holiday projects in everyone's thumbnail images–it looks like Christmas!


Related Posts with Thumbnails