The Free Motion Quilting Project: FMQ Friday

Friday, December 20, 2013

FMQ Friday

It's finally Friday and December 20th, which means crunch time for Christmas has officially begun! I'm celebrating by spending a little quiet time in my sewing room with some non-festive fabric:

free motion quilting | Leah Day

This is another little table runner project I've been stitching out on the embroidery machine. I'm going for earthy / organic designs stitched over brown, gray, and cream colored fabrics. It will use the same general design as the Christmas runner I finished last week:

free motion quilting | Leah Day

Technically I didn't free motion quilt either of these, but hit a button on my Janome 15000 instead. Still, it's pretty and giving me an excuse to play with fabric, even as I sort bills and clear accounts for this month. Sometimes you have to just take whatever little piece of time you have and make what you can with it.

Simply put - it's hard to find time to actually sit down and free motion quilt so let's link up for the next 2 weeks with whatever we're working on: piecing, quilting, gift wrapping - whatever you're doing, link it up!


Let's go quilt,

Leah

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the linky, Leah! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Quilty New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been? I didn't know you had a Friday linky party. I'll have to start joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table runner looks lovely! I'm getting ready to FMQ a table runner I'm sewing as my next pattern. Have a super day & Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails