The Free Motion Quilting Project: FMQ Friday Link Up

Friday, May 9, 2014

FMQ Friday Link Up

It's finally the end of a very busy week! Josh and I have been organizing, discussing, and planning, planning, planning out our trip to Pittsburgh, PA for spring quilt market next week.

I've also been furiously hand binding (as fast as my hands will produce tiny stitches) the 365 quilt:

free motion quilting | Leah Day

On Wednesday I shared a post: A Simple Finish for a Monster UFO which explains just how huge and overwhelming this project became, and what a relief it is to finally be finishing it.

Simplicity is a word I keep coming back to this year. Keep it simple. Simplify. Simplicity is key. Maybe if I say it enough my quilts will simplify themselves!

free motion quilting | Leah Day
Speaking of simple, on Monday we learned how to piece applique our 5th block for the Building Blocks Quilt Along: a Cheater Drunkards Path.

Many quilters in the Facebook Group weren't into raw edges and have posted pictures of their blocks created with alternative methods. Definitely check out the group to see all the creative ways quilters are avoiding raw edges and adding interesting decorative elements to their quilts!

So that's what we've been busy with this week. What have you been working on?

Simple rules for the FMQ Project Link Up:

1. Link up with a post that features something you've learned from the Free Motion Quilting Project.
2. Somewhere in your post, please link back here.
3. Comment on at least 2 other links. Share your love of free motion quilting and make this weekly link up a fun way to connect with other quilters around the world!


  1. The 365 quilt looks awesome! I've never tried a Drunkard's Path, but I do love curved piecing. Maybe that's another project for the to-do list. Have a super day!

  2. I really like this quilt. I was doing something similar on my long-arm, but had to take it off for other quilts. You now have me excited to get it finished.


Related Posts with Thumbnails