The Free Motion Quilting Project: Packing up for MQX East

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Packing up for MQX East

It's packing day! I'm packing up all the gear, supplies, worksheets, and quilts we're taking to MQX East. Yesterday we pulled all my goddess quilts out of the closet and out of their storage tubes and have folded them into a big suitcase.

Packing quilts for MQX East
They will likely have a few crease lines by the time we get to New Hampshire, but the tubes are rather clunky to deal with in the car and transporting through the show. Josh was worried about the paint on Release Your Light chipping off or getting damaged, but I checked her surface and it's still as soft and pliable as ever. Shiva paintstiks rock!

Release Your Light Quilt
The most time consuming part of this process is printing out all the worksheets for my new Fill with Feathers class.

Feather Worksheets Leah Day

These worksheets were lots of fun to design and they're a great help in class, but my printer doesn't like the wider paper size so it gags a lot, which makes me crazy! Next time I'll go to my local printer to have a big batch of worksheets printed all at once.

The scariest part of the trip is the 14 hour drive. Josh doesn't fly, and I really wanted him to come with me, so...we're driving from NC to NH and back again for this trip. I love road trips with Josh, but I admit - I'm a total scaredy cat when it comes to driving through big cities...or over bridges...or over water!

We manage to get through Atlanta, GA on a regular basis when we drive down to Pensacola, FL to visit family. We get through it because Josh is driving and I close my eyes the whole way through!

So hopefully we will get through all the big cities up to NH without a hitch. I've never been further north than Pennsylvania, so this will be a fun adventure to see new places, meet new people, and eat great food.

Just in case you're going to be in New Hampshire next week, my lecture Life Journey through Goddess Quilts is now free with admission to the show. I'll be sharing it from 4 - 5:30 on Friday, April 10th. I'd love to see you there! Click Here to learn more about MQX shows.

Let's go quilt,

Leah Day


  1. I'm so excited to meet you Leah. The ride is long. Books on tape are great to help the time pass. You can get them at your library. We still have a little snow but it's not very pretty anymore. Have a safe trip and a fun week in New Hampshire!


  2. Take a breath, enjoy the adventure, travel safe and have an awesome time...


Related Posts with Thumbnails